Sunday, February 14, 2010

While I wait for more betas, A little about the medication.

First I want to thank Milli and Heidi for talking me in to doing this blog and Milli for setting it up for me, and posting that wonderful post. I was a big chicken and didn't want to do a blog. Had no idea how to do it. I tried to do a web site years ago and it went nowhere. I'm a good Internet surfer/game player/facebooker but know nothing about actually using a computer. Milli and Heidi you broke me down. You girls do not give up! Thank you!

Please let me send you some muffins ;)

***************************************************

It was a little shocking to see all the medication I would be taking. They hand it to you all at once in a bag.

The bag contains

*2 pkgs of birth control pills. Kind of interesting as I'm trying to GET pregnant not avoid. BUT it's needed to sync my cycle with my IM's.
* two bottles of Estrace, estrogen tablets that I started taking the day of my lining check.
*6 antibiotic tablets I had to take three days before the transfer
*25 syringes
*25 18 gage needles
*25 25 gage needles
*alcohol wipes
*5 vials of pio (progesterone in oil) I started three days before transfer

A bag of fun isn't it!

The Estrace tablets and pio shots I have to take from just before transfer until I hit the 12 week mark. That's a lot of needles in my butt. 70 in total (I'm almost half way there).
Actually it's not that bad. I haven't had any pain from it. A little bruise on each side and a hard spot once in a while but no pain. I don't know how the ladies who have pain each day do their needles. Don't get me wrong I can't wait to be done but it's not something I dread doing each day.



1 comment:

  1. no muffins for me, thanks. unless you can make them without that nausea ingredient...

    ReplyDelete